1. Do you have a middle name?
2.What was your favorite subject in school?
Biology 🙂 Was & will be forever 😉
3. What’s your favorite drink?
Coffee. Anywhere & anytime.
4.What’s your favorite song at the moment?
“Feel the light” by J.Lo
5.What would you name your children?
I know I want a boy & a girl but I have not thought of their name. I would like to name them along with my hubby 🙂
6.Do you participate in any sports?
Oh yes! I love sports. I have been a runner during my school days. I play badminton whenever I get a chance. However, I wish to do adventurous sports some day like paragliding etc. I did para-sailing once & I totally loved it 🙂
7.What’s your favorite book?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
8. What’s your favorite color?
9.What’s your favorite animal?
10.What’s your favorite perfume?
11.What’s your favorite holiday?
When I can go on trip. I simple love to travel.
12.Have you graduated from High School?
Oh yes. Days of past 😛
13.Have you been out of the country?
Not yet but wish to.
14.Do you speak any other languages?
15.Do you have any siblings?
16.What’s your favorite store?
17.What’s your favorite restaurant?
Any French Restaurant.
18.Do you like school?
Yes of course! who would not? They were the best days of life.
19.Who are some of your favorite You Tubers?
AIB & TVF
20.What’s your favorite movie?
Just can’t name one. There are many which includes:
Sci-fi movies- Inception
Superheroes- The Dark Knight Triology
Romantic- The Notebook, If only, A Walk To Remember
21.What are some of your favorite T.V. shows?
Friends, Sherlock Holmes, House, The Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy & Game of Thrones
22.PC or Mac?
Mac: I don’t have it but I definitely want it.
23.What phone do you have?
HTC Desire 820
24.How tall are you?
5’2″ ( I’m not short, my height is just cute :P)
Nope but I would like to have one dog.
I tag everyone reading this to do this tag like I did 🙂 Have a wonderful day. Enjoy
“When our emotional health is in a bad state, so is our level of self-esteem. We have to slow down and deal with what is troubling us, so that we can enjoy the simple joy of being happy and at peace with ourselves.”
― Jess Scott
Emotions, as we say, are one’s state of mind. However, emotion is often intertwined with our mood, temperament, personality, disposition and motivation. How well we can manage it defines our emotional quotient (EQ). And there is no shame in accepting that we have low EQ, it just makes us more emotional than other people & being emotional is no crime as we don’t hurt anybody.
Then why do we need to learn to manage it & try to enhance our EQ, because it is we, who will get hurt and feel pain and loneliness. However, before learning to manage it we should realize that we are not weaklings. To feel intensely is not a symptom of weakness; it is the trademark of the truly alive and compassionate. It is not the empath who is broken; it is society that has become dysfunctional and emotionally disabled. There is no shame in expressing your authentic feelings. Those who are at times described as being a ‘hot mess’ or having ‘too many issues’ are the very fabric of what keeps the dream alive for a more caring, humane world. Never be ashamed to let your tears shine a light in this world. Just don’t let anyone take advantage of that, don’t let anyone hurt you too often and just don’t feel the need to depend on anyone. Every individual has the capability to stand alone; we just need to realize our own strength.
First we need to understand what EQ means. Emotional Intelligence (EQ or EI) can be defined as the ability to understand, manage, and effectively express one’s own feelings, as well as engage and navigate successfully with those of others.
Second thing is to learn to manage our emotions or enhance our EQ. I will try to summarize whatever I have learnt but before that I want to give a disclaimer: I’m, myself, a very emotional person and I’m still learning to manage my emotions. So, there might me things you won’t agree, feel free to give your opinion.
In 1990, Yale psychologists John D. Mayer and Peter Salovey originally coined the term emotional intelligence, which some researchers claim that is an inborn characteristic, while others suggest that you can improve it with proper guidance and practice.
Here are few ways to increase your EQ:
- Don’t interrupt or change the subject: Sit down at least twice a day and ask, “How am I feeling?” It may take a little time for the feelings to arise. Allow yourself that small space of time, uninterrupted.
- Don’t judge or edit your feelings too quickly: Healthy emotions often rise and fall in a wave, rising, peaking, and fading naturally. Your aim should be not to cut off the wave before it peaks.
- Learn the Ability to Stay Cool and Manage Stress: How we handle stressful situations can make the difference between being assertive versus reactive, and poised versus frazzled. When under pressure, the most important thing to keep in mind is to keep our coo
- Connect your feelings with your thoughts: Often times, one of our feelings will contradict others. That’s normal. Listening to your feelings is like listening to all the witnesses in a court case. Only by admitting all the evidence will you be able to reach the best verdict.
- Learn the ability to be assertive and express difficult emotions when necessary: These can include exercising our right to disagree (without being disagreeable), saying “no” without feeling guilty, setting our own priorities, getting what we paid for, and protecting ourselves from duress and harm.
- Listen to your body: A knot in your stomach or a flutter of your heart when doing something may be a clue that this could be “the real thing.” Listening to these sensations and the underlying feelings that they signal will allow you to process with your powers of reason.
- If you don’t know how you’re feeling, ask someone else: People seldom realize that others are able to judge how they are feeling. Ask someone who knows you (and whom you trust) how you are coming across. You may find the answer both surprising and illuminating.
- Learn the ability to bounce back from adversity: Life is not always easy. We all know that. How we choose the way we think, feel, and act in relation to life’s challenges can often make the difference between hope versus despair, optimism versus frustration, and victory versus defeat
- Tune in to your unconscious feelings: While in a relaxed state, allow your thoughts to roam freely and watch where they go. Analyze your dreams. Keep a notebook and pen at the side of your bed and jot down your dreams as soon as you wake up. Pay special attention to dreams that repeat or are charged with powerful emotion.versus defeat.
- Ask yourself: How do I feel today?: Start by rating your overall sense of well-being on a scale of 0 and 100 and write the scores down in a daily log book.
- Learn the ability to express intimate emotions in close, personal relationships : The ability to effectively express and validate tender, loving emotions is essential to maintaining close personal relationships. In this case, “effective” means sharing intimate feelings with someone in an appropriate relationship, in a manner that’s nourishing and constructive, and being able to respond affirmatively when the other person does the same.
- Know when enough is enough.There comes a time to stop looking inward; learn when it’s time to shift your focus outward. Studies have shown that encouraging people to dwell upon negative feelings can amplify these feelings.
Emotional intelligence involves not only the ability to look within, but also to be present in the world around you. By learning to manage it will make you stronger and more independent.
Stay happy 🙂
I’m pleasantly surprised and honored to be nominated for this amazing award by an amazing woman. Thank you so much
The rules are:
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you and come up with the same amount of questions for your nominees.
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.
Here are the answers to the question I was asked:
- If there is an obstacle in front of you do you try to go through, around or over it?
Well, I’m not the kind to ignore things. I would go through the obstacle, so that I will know what to do when I will face it again in future.
2.Water, beer or wine?
Without blinking… Wine 😛 I’m a big fan of Great Wine & I love to try different varieties.
3. Sweet or savory?
Savory- it’s piquantly pleasant to the mind. Somehow sweet gives me a headache, I know it’s weird but I don’t know why it is so.
4. What is the one thing you never leave your home without?
My wallet.. Oh! you need to have money where ever you go, you will find a way if you have few bucks. Plus it carries my credit card & list of emergency contacts.. I’m kind of equipped always..
5. The top 3 things on your bucket list?
a) Travel round the world with my partner.
b) Go scuba diving/ snorkeling & experience marine life up close.
c) Try and adventurous sport like paragliding
6. If you would have to pet-sit a snake or a spider, which one would it be?
I would die :X In the worst case scenario, I would prefer spider. I’m terrified of snakes, I get nightmares about them.
7. Which song do you really, really, really not like?
“I’m sexy and I know it”- I know many people are big fan of this song, but I simple hate it.
8. In which sport would you wish to win an Olympic gold medal?
Marathon, I suppose. I have been a runner during my school days.
9. Which one is your favorite movie?
I definitely can’t name one. I can name one in each category
Sci-fi movies- Inception
Superheroes- The Dark Knight Triology
10. What role would you like to play in this movie and why? Would you like it to be reality?
Obviously, Allie Hamilton (portrayed by Rachel McAdams). I’m a very practical person but somehow I still believe in fairy tales and as it is said, behind every great love is a great story, I wish to have one too 🙂
So, that’s all folks. Here are my nominations For the Sisterhood of the World Award :
My questions to you all are:
1. What has been the best & worst time of this year till now?
2. What is the one thing that you would like to change about yourself?
3. What is one item that you’ve gotten rid of that you wish you would’ve kept instead?
4. Which is your favorite novel and why?
5. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
6. One thing you’re dying to do?
7. If nothing stood in your way, what profession would you be in right now?
8. What has been the life changing event for you?
9. What is your biggest achievement?
10. Which one is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide us the link)
Thank you all for reading and sharing. I’m glad to be your fellow blogger 🙂 Keep writing!
As I walk along the seashore, I look at the sea and wonder, what all it hides in its unexplored depth. If we try to find out, we will just keep sinking into its never ending depth. And then I realize isn’t our lives the same as sea, unexplored, unknown. We make plans for future, when we don’t know what is in store for us and if we try to find out, we will keep sinking inside just like the sea, but then this is how it is.
I walked few miles and I found a shiny little sea shell which I picked up like an excited child and opened it to my disappointment with no pearl inside. I was about to throw the shell when I saw another dirty ugly looking shell nearby, unintentionally I picked it up just to find a beautiful pearl inside to my very surprise. Then I laughed at the irony realizing isn’t that what we do every day. We run behind shiny objects missing the most beautiful things in life because it’s dirty or it’s not beautiful from outside or just because we wished for something different. And in this race we forget that the most beautiful things in life come in small packages and it might not be what we desire, but it sure is what is best for us.
I kept the sea shell along with the pearl in my bag and I continued walking feeling the cool breeze pressing against my bare skin. The sun was about to set spreading it’s light on the sea turning it red, birds were returning to their nest chirping happily, may be sharing their day with each other. And at that moment, I miss my family, my home, wondering is it worth it, running behind shiny things leaving our loved ones behind, planning for a better future when we don’t know what will happen the next second. Is it worth it, trying to explore the unknown, will I find something or will I just keep sinking in its depth? It sent a shiver down my spine thinking about the unimaginable and all I want to do is close my eyes and wishing that I open them in my home where I have my loved ones around me
Rest in Peace the couple!!!
During my fight against my Ex-boss, I was scared a lot of times but I never lost faith for I know I was right. No matter whom I’m fighting against, no matter who supports him, I knew I was right. There was a time when the entire institute was standing against me, trying to save the accused just because he holds a higher position. They didn’t leave any stone upturned trying to find fault in me, so that they can save him. I feel so proud now when I think about it, they couldn’t find a single mistake or fault of mine based on which they could dismiss the case. My track record was so clean, they even poked their nose in my personal life in order to find a single point against me. They failed terribly, as my father always used to say, “Never fear anyone when you are true”.
They were forced to give decision in my favor, had to punish my ex-boss for the torture he made me go through for 9 months. Today the scenario is totally different. I have been transferred to another department and now I’m working under a very nice person who I respect as my boss and that guy couldn’t bear the insult and resigned.
Today, I don’t regret why it happened instead I feel proud as it made me a stronger and better person and strengthened my faith in truth.