I’m honored to be nominated for the Liebester award by a wonderful women, http://grubbsncritters.com/aboutann-2. I’m grateful to Ann for acknowledging my blog. It’s a great motivation to write more and write better when your fellow bloggers appreciate you. Thank you so much Ann for the nomination.
The Liebster Award: It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome and sweetheart. It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people. It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers with less than 300 followers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!
The rules are:
- Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
- Answer 11 questions given to you.
- Pass the award on to 11 other bloggers (I’m nominating 3 as all the blogs I follow or the bloggers who follow me have more than 300 followers) and let them know they have been nominated.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Include the Award Badge in your post.
So, here are the answers to the 11 questions asked by http://grubbsncritters.com/ aboutann-2:
1. Highlight of this year
Being able to stand against the whole institute and ask for justice & more than that being able to get it. I have posted a blog regarding what happened
2.Where do you source your inspiration from whether it be in life or writing?
My dad has been my biggest inspiration. I have never met such a compassionate, kind, sensitive and benevolent person like him. I always dreamt to become like him one day.
Working in a cancer institute motivates you daily, especially small kids suffering from fatal cancer & still smiling & playing around.
3. What is your favourite colour and how does it inspire you?
I used to love different shades of blue as a kid but I don’t remember exactly when I became fond of the color Lavender. I suppose it gives me a soothing feeling. It’s so calm & yet so exotic.I read somewhere that it is used to symbolize complex Byzantine-like designs, rich gourmet food, and fine wine.
4. What is the last book that you read and how did it make you feel?
“Chromosome 6” by Robin Cook. It may sound a little nerdy but being a science student, I can’t miss his books.This one was pending for a long time. I recently completed it. I loved every bit of it. How the story unfolds, the thrills, the suspense & the Oh so astounding climax.
5. Where were you born?
In a small city of India, known as the coal or the diamond city because of it’s coal mines.
6. Can you play an instrument of?
I tried piano and guitar sometime back but couldn’t continue it. I would definitely want to master them sometime.
7. Tea of Coffee?
It has to be Coffee, I love the smell, the taste. I can’t survive without it. (I admit, I’m a coffee addict)
8. What one thing is guaranteed to make you cry?
The thought of losing any member of my family. It brings tear to my eyes anywhere & anytime. My parents & we, three siblings are one closely-knit family & we don’t know how to live without each other.
9. Favourite Quote or Book
My favorite quote is, “She did not need much, wanted very little. A kind word, sincerity, fresh air, clean water, a garden, kisses, books to read, sheltering arms, a cosy bed, and to love and be loved in return” – Starra Neely Blade
10. How many countries have you visited?
Unfortunately, I have not got the chance to visit any country but I would love to go to Germany and US sometime.
11. What is the word/phrase that you use way too much?
“Everything will be alright” I keep saying that to myself and to anyone I see in trouble.
I’m nominating the following people:
Here are the questions to the nominees:
1. Where were you born?
2. What was a profession you used to want to be, but are not now?
3. What was your clique growing up?
4. If you could live one day over again, what day would it be?
5. What is the story behind your blog name?
6. Do you have a significant other? How did you meet?
7. What inspired you to start blogging?
8. Describe an interesting person/incident, you met/happened while traveling.
9. What is one place you could visit again and again?
10. Where do you call home and what do you enjoy most about being there?
11. What is your biggest fear?
Hope you will like my answers. Thank again Ann for the nomination. All the best to my nominees. Have fun!